Ashtanga Open Practice (AOP)
AOP SCHEDULE :
- MONDAY : 7:00-9:00 pm
- TUESDAY : 9:00-11:30 am
- WEDNESDAY : 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Scott Harig has been a dedicated Ashtanga Yoga teacher since 2000. While living in Denver, Scott taught yoga exclusively at the Denver Ashtanga Yoga Center under the direction of Michael Rawlison. His main teacher today is Manju Jois, and for the last three years he’s led the Ashtanga Program [ Ashtanga Open Practice,AOP ] at Pure Yoga West and East in New York City. Chynna and Nasya have attended Scott’s Ashtanga teacher trainings and currently continues to be mentored weekly by Scott Harig and Jamie Harig wife who also teaches AOP in NYC.
- Ashtanga Open Practice refers to the way Ashtanga Yoga is traditionally taught in its home city of Mysore, India. This program is a specialized AOP program in Westchester County . AOP programs are also in pure yoga NYC , west and east side with Scott Harig and Jamie Harig.
- Please allow time for your practice . Doors will close the LAST 30 minutes in the window frame
- Each student is taught individually ; given a one-on-one lesson within a group class. This individual approach means Ashtanga Open Practice classes are fit for new and longtime practitioners. Each and every student is guided and supported in an ongoing program that offers an incredible array of strength, flexibility, and flow resulting in a practice that detoxifies, balances, and strengthens both body and mind.
- Each student is encouraged to memorize the breathing/movement sequence and eventually develop an independent yet insight fully supported practice.
Ashtanga Half Primary Series – Guided
Ashtanga yoga : “literally ‘eight-limbed yoga’ is a system developed by the ancient yogic sage Patanajali outlines in his yoga sutras”.
- Three main components distinguish in Beginner Ashtanga Yoga
– Vinyasa with Ujjayi meaning “ movement linked with breath”
– Bandha meaning “muscular lock”
– Drishti meaning “gaze or focal point”
– The Ashtanga Primary series is the foundational practice of traditional Ashtanga yoga that builds strength and flexibility while healing the body and calming the mind. Build endurance and challenge yourself to go beyond your limitations. In the Half Primary series each class is the same set of postures in the same order each time . This allows your to see your growth mentally and physically.
- This Guided Ashtanga Class focuses on a few of the Standing, Seated , and finishing postures in the Primary Series. Our teachers provide with props (blocks , straps, bolsters) for modifications and proper alignment..
Hatha Yoga : *
– Hatha is a Sanskrit word that can be broken down into two smaller words : Ha – meaning “sun,” and Tha – meaning “moon”.
– A physical practice of yoga designed to align and calm the body, mind and spirit in preparation for meditation – a powerful tool for self transformation. It is relatively gentle, slow and great for beginners or students who prefer a more relaxed style of yoga practice.
-This class is accepting to all beginners . This yoga class is described as appropriate for those who want a softer, nurturing, slow-paced, well supported and relaxing practice. The approach includes carefully orchestrated movements, controlled pressure, and well-measured stretches, including range of motion exercise. Postures may be approached in gradual steps, with plenty of time to focus on breathing and repetition so that the practice is simple to do an easy to remember.
Yin Yoga is a quiet, slow and meditative practice which focuses on the connective tissues of the hips, lower spine and pelvis . Postures are held for an extended period usually 3-5 minutes to stimulate the connective tissue and nourish the joints. Yin is open to all levels and is a great way to bring balance to your dynamic yoga practice.
Introduces the fundamental principles of yoga alignment and breath work in a flow of postures for the beginner as well as those seeking continued understanding of basic yoga poses.A dynamic flow yoga for EVERYBODY, beginner “improvers” or advanced, with the emphasis on breath/body movement using sequenced series of postures that synchronize the breath with movement.
Midday Vinyasa class : Thursday’s 12:00pm – 1:00 pm [1 hour]
Body Art Class:
- Created by Robert Steinbacher from Switzerland, is a holistic approach to wellness, taught worldwide by several thousand licensed bodyART teachers with an ultimate aim to ensure the correct function of the entire body through strength and stabilization training via body, mind, and soul. Simply put bodyART feels like a merge of yoga, dance, pilates, and tai chi.
- Ying meets Yang in each breath and in each of the 5 phases of bodyART : 1. Earth (Arriving) 2. Wood (warm up 3. Fire (cardio section) 4. Metal (descending energy with abs work and deep breathing) 5. Water (relaxing, passive stretches)