Basic Vinyasa Class:
Introduces the fundamental principles of yoga alignment and breath work in a flow of postures for the beginner as well as those seeking continued understanding of basic yoga poses.
Mixed Level Vinyasa:
A dynamic flow yoga for EVERYBODY, beginner improvers or advanced, with the emphasis on breath/body movement using sequenced series of postures that synchronize the breath with movement.
Yin Yoga is a quiet, slow and meditative practice which focuses on the connective tissues of the hips, lower spine and pelvis . Postures are held for an extended period usually 3-5 minutes to stimulate the connective tissue and nourish the joints. Yin is open to all levels and is a great way to bring balance to your dynamic yoga practice.
Yin /Yang Flow:
Yin /Yang Flow is class that balances our yoga practice starting off with an active, dynamic pace and ending with a passive, more quiet practice. A beautiful marriage of effort and surrender that helps us learn about stillness in movement and the flow in stillness.
Ashtanga Half Primary Series:
Ashtanga yoga : “literally ‘eight-limbed yoga’ is a system developed by the ancient yogic sage Patanajali outlines in his yoga sutras”.
– This Ashtanga inspired Vinyasa is Iyengar style mixed of Ashtanga primary series used with props (blocks , straps, bolsters) for modifications and proper alignment.
– Ashtanga involves synchronizing breath with progressive and continuous postures, which produce internal heat while detoxifying the body. It builds strength, flexibility, and stamina, while calming the mind and improving overall health.
Three main components distinguish Ashtanga Yoga
– Vinyasa with Ujjayi meaning “ movement linked with breath”
– Bandha meaning “muscular lock”
– Drishti meaning “gaze or focal point”
– Hatha is a Sanskrit word that can be broken down into two smaller words : Ha – meaning “sun,” and Tha – meaning “moon”.
– A physical practice of yoga designed to align and calm the body, mind and spirit in preparation for meditation – a powerful tool for self transformation. It is relatively gentle, slow and great for beginners or students who prefer a more relaxed style of yoga practice.
Kids Yoga To Go
Our teachers travel to you. Yoga and meditation have been considered for a long time as a wonderful means of stress management. KAY (Kidding Around Yoga) uses a system based on the classical study of yoga and transforms it into an experience for children to both introduce them to yoga as well as inspires them to develop a practice and gives them tools to take into adulthood.
*** Children home/studio privates available upon request ***
*** Birthday party rates available upon request ***
Classified Class Ages
Ages 4-7 y/o
Ages 8-12 y/o
13 y/o & up – Yogi Teens
Complete Beginner Workshop TO BE ANNOUNCED :
Offered on a weekend. This is for those who have never tried yoga and would like to ease and learn about it before jumping into a flow class. This is an informative class . Here we will teach about the types of yoga we offer , Surya Namaskars (Sun salutation A, B), modifications, use of props, injury prevention techniques, and yoga terminology. Brief review on chanting, meditation, and pranayama (breathing techniques). All questions are welcomed!
- Special Workshops include:
– Focusing on a particular body part (ex: hip openers, inversions, arm balance ,etc)
– Restorative Workshop
– Meditation Workshop
– Athlete Workshop
– Chair Yoga