Chynna Dee is from Yonkers, New York. Stressed from being a college student and having a job led her to search for a way to relieve her stress, prevent injuries, improve her strength and stability in sports and discover a calming experience. In 2011, Chynna began to practice yoga while she was still in college. Chynna strives to incorporate her chosen careers in Nursing and Yoga. Chynna strives to educate the community in its health benefits. Chynna has received her BSN in Nursing and is a Certified Pediatric Oncology Nurse. She attended the Himalaya Yoga Valley Teacher Training course in Goa, India and became a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200). During her yoga journey, Chynna enjoyed learning about the deeper elements involved in practicing yoga including philosophy, mantra, pranayama, meditation, anatomy physiology, and Ayurveda medicine. Chynna LOVES to learn and continues to educate herself for her community. Chynna’s certifications as follows :
- 200 hr Himalaya Yoga Valley Teacher Training course in Goa, India. There, she received excellent training from Yogachara Lalit Kumar under the Swami Rama Lineage. She was taught traditional Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with Iyengar inspired alignment techniques. Her training had a strong focus on physical adjustments to improve alignment through a precise yet dynamic practice. Lalit began studying at traditional Indian yoga schools known as Gurukulams at the age of 7 and he is honored to have studied yoga under some of the most well-known and respected yoga Masters in India. Lalit was initiated by Swami Veda Bharti of the Himalayan tradition in 2003. He has spent nearly a decade studying numerous traditional styles and disciplines at various Ashrams in North and South India. He studied Ashtanga Yoga in Mysore at Ashtanga Yoga Nilaya and Shri Parakala Mutt. Lalit has also studied at the Sivananda Centre in Trivandrum and spent his formative spiritual years at Swami Ram Sadak Gurukulam in Rishikesh. Lalit has studied under Sri BKS Iyengar and Sri K Pattabhi Jois, Sri Sharath Jois and Sri BNS Iyengar in Mysore and. Lalit continues to train in the Mysore with Sharath Jois as a humble and devoted student.
- 200hr Ashtanga Immersion with Scott Harig and John Campbell
- Scott Harig, a former mountain bike competitor, has been a dedicated Ashtanga Yoga teacher since 2000. While living in Denver, Scott taught yoga exclusively at the Denver Ashtanga Yoga Center under the direction of Michael Rawlison. His main teacher today is Manju Jois. Scott has led the Ashtanga Program at Pure Yoga West for the past four and a half years. He is currently running the Ashtanga Open Practice program on both the East and West side at Pure Yoga NYC.
- John Campbell, Ph.D., has been practicing Ashtanga Yoga for the past 25 years. He studied directly with Pattabhi Jois from 1992 until his passing in 2009 and was Certified by his late teacher in 2001. A scholar of Sanskrit and Indo-Tibetan Buddhism, he is co-founder of the Contemplative Sciences Center at the University of Virginia, where he served as professor of Religious Studies until 2017
- Kidding Around Yoga Certified which specializes in kids Yoga focusing on mediation , poses, breathing techniques, games & activities, and lots of stress management for kids.
- Certified for Yoga for Cancer (Y4C) and studied with Tari Prinster. Tari Prinster is a cancer survivor, master yoga teacher, celebrated author and founder of yoga4cancer (y4c) and the Retreat Project, which bring specialized yoga to cancer survivors worldwide.
- Chair Yoga Certified from Alison West/ Yoga Union – Alison West teaches the use of chairs in the practice of yoga from beginner to advanced, and including Office Yoga and Gentle Yoga. Learn how to use chairs to: develop alignment awareness, sustain poses for longer periods, stabilize the body, increase range of motion safely, make a pose more accessible or increase the challenge, work on all categories of poses including inversions, and play!
- Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Certificate Level 1 and Level 2 – Studied with Adam Divine in Himalaya Yoga Valley
Geri Andrada is also from Yonkers, New York and began practicing yoga in support of her daughter, Chynna. She has a BS in Nursing and works in the Surgical ICU.
1) Geri went to the Vinyasa Yoga School in Rishikesh, India and became a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) on Vinyasa and Hatha.
2) Geri was also certified from Integral Yoga Institute for Yin Yoga and recently Chair Yoga from Alison West/Yoga Union.
3) 100hr Teacher Training on inversions, arm balances and sequencing with Patrick Beach and Carling Harps at PureYoga New York City.
4) Certified in Therapeutic Yoga which can target Anxiety, chronic illneses/pain , and mental disorders.
From being a child caretaker since she was 16, Erika decided she wanted to help children develop body awareness, increase their confidence and positive self-image, and manage any stress through yoga. Erika brings fun ways to practice different Asana’s. She attended the KAY (Kidding Around Yoga) Teacher Training in New York, where she received her KAY certification. Erika is able to teach between the ages 3-16 year old. Yoga and meditation has been considered for a long time as a wonderful means of stress management. KAY uses a system based on the classical study of yoga and transforms it into an experience for children to both introduce them to yoga as well as inspire them to develop a practice and give them tools to take into adulthood.
Diane discovered yoga in her early teens, practicing at Swami Satchidananda’s Integral Yoga institute in NYC. Following a distinguished career teaching dance and fitness for more than a decade in NYC, Diane completed yoga training in 2002 to become certified and registered with Yoga Alliance. She now holds RYT-500 certification, with additional qualifications in Pre-Natal Yoga, Pilates, Mat, Restorative yoga and other advanced teaching studies. She gained bodyART certification in 2012. Diane is also certified in Life Force Yoga . LifeForce Yoga is intentionally designed to work with and manage mood. The practices support students and clients in self-regulation, and many of the yoga techniques can be done in a chair, in bed, and do not require a yoga mat. Most practices are evidence-based and have been adapted for clinical settings. Developed by Amy Weintraub, the practices are rooted in traditional active meditation and self-inquiry that embraces the polarities in our lives. LifeForce Yoga interweaves the power of an ancient discipline with current scientific findings to help you release what’s no longer serving you—without a story attached!
Diane continues her certifications and studies at Kripalu Center with her teacher/mentor, Amy Weintraub. She remains committed to the practice of yoga both on and off the mat.